Pages

Saturday 4 May 2013

The MiniDSP and UMIK-1 has arrived!

Hello dear readers!

The MiniDSP and UMIK-1 arrived today. I have been very busy though so I haven't had time to try the MiniDSP and I have only tried the UMIK-1 for a quick voice recording (which sounds very promising!). I don't know if I will have time tomorrow, but if I do I will put up some pictures and maybe a recording as well.

Initital impressions of the UMIK-1:

  • Heavy and well-built! Well, not heavy but it's no cheap plastic stuff
  • Nice little table stand, feels quite sturdy and easy to use and fold.
  • Very easy to use. Connect the mic to the computer via the USB-cable that was in the box and you're ready to go. No additional software needed.
  • Crystal clear voice recordings
I just did a quick voice recording but from what I heard I think I will use it for not only measuring speakers and room acoustics but also for Skype and Teamspeak. I don't know the directional pattern of the UMIK-1 but I guess it's a bit more narrow than the Logitech C270 webcam that I use as a microphone at the moment.

Here's a picture from the manufacturer.


No comments:

Post a Comment