Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

Eminence LAB12 subwoofers coming!

Today I just bought a pair of subwoofers from a guy at a Swedish forum www.minhembio.com
The price was 1820SEK for a pair including shipping and insurance. He will post them tomorrow so I should have them on Wednesday or Thursday I guess.



The plan is to put them in small sealed boxes, about 30 litres net volume. Power them with a Behringer iNuke NU6000DSP and use EQ to boost the bottom. I have contacted Ingvar about the boxes and hopefully he can cut all the panels for me, it depends on how much it would cost though.

I will use Neutrik speakon contacts. Between my HK amp and the Behringer I will use RCA in one end and XLR in the other (I think that works).
This is the planned order from Thomann, so far. NC3 MMX-B is the XLR connector. NYS 373-0 is the RCA connector. NL2 FC is speakon. XXR is just color coding rings for the XLR connectors. NL2 MP D-TYP is the speakon connector panel. I also chose to order a B-Stock amplifier, it's €33 cheaper so why not? Cordial CDS122 is the RCA/XLR cable, 0.5m per cable should be enough. CLS240 is the speaker cable, 2x4mm, but I'm not sure if I need it since I have some spare cables from my HAD Oy build. And finally some damping material. The specs said it was enough for 20 litres so four packets should be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment